Uniform and Equipment for School
Uniform is important to us at Bullers Wood, and students in Years 7 to 11 are expected to wear the correct uniform at all times. The Sixth Form Dress Code can be found here.
All items must be clearly labelled with the student’s name.
- School regulation navy blazer* (Compulsory for Year 7 Sept 2020, optional for Years 8-11)
- Navy V-neck pullover or cardigan with the School Badge.* (Optional for students with blazers; compulsory for those without)
- ‘A’ line Black Watch tartan skirt with inverted pleats, knee length or below*
- Full length navy trousers with the School Badge*
- Cream blouse*
- Navy or black below knee length or short socks, or plain navy or black tights. Leggings or patterned tights are not permitted. Socks may not be worn over tights.
- Black, sensible, low-heeled, traditional shoes or low ankle boots only (with black laces if appropriate). No trainers, canvas shoes, open-toes, flip flops, sling-backs or casual style footwear.
- Black or Navy plain, fabric coat with long sleeves. No hoodies or sweatshirt style jackets with hoods. (Large logos, denim, leather, suede, PVC and fur coats/jackets are not allowed)
- Black Watch tartan scarf or plain scarf/hat (optional) in any of the school colours (ie. cream/white/navy/dark green/red/black). This may not be worn in lessons
- A strong, waterproof plain black school bag, large enough for A4 books and files
- Apron for Home Economics – navy with white stripe (can be purchased through the HE department payable via the School Gateway, or from Bromley Schoolwear)*
- White Science laboratory coat*
Items marked with a * can be purchased from:
Bromley Schoolwear www.bromleyschoolwear.co.uk
51 High Street, Bromley BR1 1LE
Tel. 020 8460 0032/020 8460 0033
For PE, all students need:
- School polo shirt
- School shorts or leggings
- School full zip training top
- Navy knee length socks
- Sports trainers – no Converse/Vans/pumps (can be purchased from any sports shop)
- Mouthguards and shinpads for hockey, rugby or football lessons
- Football boots with British Safety Standard studs when taking part in hockey, rugby and football
- A PE bag (any colour)
Other optional items are also available, including a thermal base layer and a netball skort.
PE Kit is available from www.swidtp.co.uk (01928 752 610). Please see information pack and price list (also linked below). To order online, simply visit the website and register a new account. New customers are asked to follow the online instructions to link their account to Bullers Wood School. PE Kit products will be displayed, with an indication of whether the product is compulsory or optional. Items may be delivered to your home or to Bullers Wood School.
SWI has a dedicated Web Helpdesk. If you are having difficulty with your online account or logging in then please contact the Team on 0845 519 00 99
Jewellery, Make-Up, Nails, Hair, Eyelashes and Eyebrows
Jewellery is NOT part of school uniform. The only items permitted are
- one pair of small, plain silver or gold stud earrings for pierced ears
(one earring in each lower ear lobe) and/or
- a small chain with a religious symbol, if appropriate.
- a watch (which is encouraged).
Other body jewellery, including any form of facial, helix or body piercing (other than earrings in the lower ear lobe) are not permitted. Students must not cover piercings or use spacers.
Make up of any description SHOULD NOT be worn. Students will be asked to remove your make up with wipes or wash it off in the cloakrooms. Eyelashes and eyebrows should be of natural appearance, false eyelashes should not be worn. Nail varnish, false nails or gel/acrylic nails are not permitted.
Hair accessories should be of school colours – cream, white, navy, dark green, red or black. No large flamboyant hair accessories. Hair should be of a natural colour and appearance. No extreme hair styles.
Equipment for School
Students are expected to come to school every day ready to learn with the basic equipment needed for lessons:
- Books for the school day
- Contact book
- Pencil case
- Blue or black pen for classwork and red pen for marking
- Pencils, including colouring pencils
- Calculator (Casio Fx-85 GTX recommended)
- Dry Wipe pen
Lost Property and Valuables
Valuables must not be brought into school; however, those that are remain the sole responsibility of the student and not the school. Bullers Wood School will not accept liability for any claim arising from theft, accidental loss or damage to personal effects, money, belongings or clothing whilst in school. Please make sure that all items of uniform, PE kit and stationery are clearly named. Lost property is held by Student Services. Any lost property that is unnamed and unclaimed by the end of each half term is sold or disposed of.