Friends of Bullers Wood
Upcoming events this term – Summer 2023:
- Science Talk – If Not Us, Who? – Tuesday 20th June – Science Lecture
- Pre-loved Uniform & Revision Guide donation drive –Saturday 15th July – Donations
- Year 7 & Year 8 Movie Night – Friday 9th June – Movie-Night-Year-7.pdf (bwsgirls.org) / Movie-Night-Year-8.pdf (bwsgirls.org)
- Our School Lottery – buy a ticket for a chance to win every week! First draw 10th June – Lottery.pdf (bwsgirls.org)
Our full calendar of events for this academic year: FoBW-Calendar-of-Events-Updated-May-2023-2.pdf (bwsgirls.org)
The Team & You
Our volunteers are a friendly and enthusiastic group, and everyone brings really diverse skills to support with our fundraising. We appreciate every second of time and effort already put in to make each event a success. We are always on the look out for more help, ideas, and people to support us in fundraising for our wonderful school. Our simple goal is to enrich the lives and learning experiences of every young person at Bullers’ Wood. If you can spare any time, or have a great idea you’d like to discuss with the team, please reach out to please reach out to:
- Lucy Brooks – Chair
- Victoria Virtue-Boussie – Vice Chair
- Sophie Mercer – Secretary
- Mike O’Connor – Treasurer
- Sam Davis – Events Co-ordinator
All can be contacted via the Friends’ mailbox: email@example.com
What else can I do?
If you have time to do three things, our students would be so grateful if you could:
1) Join the Covenant Scheme – Covenant-Letter-and-Form-March-2023-1.pdf (bwsgirls.org)
The Covenant Scheme is a particularly effective way of fundraising for us as taxpayers’ donations are supplemented with an additional 25% Gift Aid. The amount you donate is totally up to you, but £20 per month is a suggested contribution. For less than the cost of a weekly takeout coffee and sandwich, these monthly donations are crucial to enabling us to budget for our big-ticket items – like the outdoor classroom and refurbished gym.
2) Volunteer for at least ONE event by emailing Sam Davis, our Events Co-ordinator, via the Friends’ mailbox.
3) Round up to the closest £5.00 next time you buy something through School Gateway so that any extra pennies go straight to the Friends.
I can still do more…
If you are able to support us even more, we’d HUGELY appreciate it if you would:
4) Buy a ticket for a school event – from a raffle ticket to a table at quiz night.
5) Make a donation to an event – we will happily receive all donations for a hamper or a raffle prize.
6) Come to one of our meetings or sign up to Easy Fundraising and choose Bullers Wood School for girls as your chosen charity – Create an account | easyfundraising
7) Set aside clothes for Bag2School collections or donate old school uniform for our pre-loved Uniform Sale
8) Read our Sponsorship Letter and have a think about whether you own or work for a company that could provide sponsorship or services to our school – Sponsorship-letter-2023.pdf (bwsgirls.org)
For any further information, or to talk to someone in the team about how you can get involved, please reach out to Lucy Brooks (Chair) or Victoria Virtue-Boussie (Vice Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org