Friends of Bullers Wood
We would like to say a huge thank you to parents, carers, staff, pupils and all of our school community for helping us with our fundraising efforts this year.
Whether it has been through a monthly contribution, one off donations, attending an event or volunteering for one of our fundraisers, we appreciate you getting involved and helping to raise much needed funds for our pupils.
It is a difficult time for everyone in this financial crisis, and the money we raise is put to good use around the school where it is needed.
You will see from our annual fundraising review (below) that around two thirds of our fundraising comes from the monthly contribution scheme donations. If you do not already have one set up, please consider donating through this scheme, you can do so in a few moments by following the link below.
Lucy Brooks – Chair
Victoria Virtue-Boussie – Vice Chair
The Team & You
Our volunteers are a friendly and enthusiastic group, and everyone brings really diverse skills to support with our fundraising. We appreciate every second of time and effort already put in to make each event a success. We are always on the look out for more help, ideas, and people to support us in fundraising for our wonderful school. Our simple goal is to enrich the lives and learning experiences of every young person at Bullers’ Wood. If you can spare any time, or have a great idea you’d like to discuss with the team, please reach out to please reach out to:
- Lucy Brooks – Chair
- Victoria Virtue-Boussie – Vice Chair
- Sophie Mercer – Secretary
- Mike O’Connor – Treasurer
- Sam Davis – Events Co-ordinator
All can be contacted via the Friends’ mailbox: email@example.com
What else can I do?
If you have time to do three things, our students would be so grateful if you could:
1) Join the Covenant Scheme – Donation Form
The Covenant Scheme is a particularly effective way of fundraising for us as taxpayers’ donations are supplemented with an additional 25% Gift Aid. The amount you donate is totally up to you, but £20 per month is a suggested contribution. For less than the cost of a weekly takeout coffee and sandwich, these monthly donations are crucial to enabling us to budget for our big-ticket items – like the outdoor classroom and refurbished gym.
2) Volunteer for at least ONE event by emailing Sam Davis, our Events Co-ordinator, via the Friends’ mailbox.
3) Round up to the closest £5.00 next time you buy something through School Gateway so that any extra pennies go straight to the Friends.
I can still do more…
If you are able to support us even more, we’d HUGELY appreciate it if you would:
4) Buy a ticket for a school event – from a raffle ticket to a table at quiz night.
5) Make a donation to an event – we will happily receive all donations for a hamper or a raffle prize.
6) Come to one of our meetings or sign up to Easy Fundraising and choose Bullers Wood School for girls as your chosen charity – Create an account | easyfundraising
7) Set aside clothes for Bag2School collections or donate old school uniform for our pre-loved Uniform Sale
8) Read our Sponsorship Letter and have a think about whether you own or work for a company that could provide sponsorship or services to our school – Sponsorship-letter-2023.pdf (bwsgirls.org)
For any further information, or to talk to someone in the team about how you can get involved, please reach out to Lucy Brooks (Chair) or Victoria Virtue-Boussie (Vice Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org